DIY: Fast, Fun & Functional Teacher Gifts
1 5x7 acrylic frame
1 package of Post-it Notes
Ribbon and embellishments
- Cut paper and slip in frame
- Decorate with ribbon and embellishments of your choice, using glue gun to secure.
- Glue Post-it notes to frame.
Cost: Less than $5 for those who have scrapbook paper, a glue gun, knife and embellishments on hand.
No. 2 Vase
Pencils (we used approximately three dozen to fit our vase)
1. Glue pencils on vase one at a time.
2. Wrap ribbon around pencils, add flowers and water
Cost: Visit a dollar store to purchase the vase and pencils ($4 total). Use ribbon you have on hand and your only additional cost is the flowers of your choice.
Scrabble pieces (25 per coaster)
1 sheet of cork
- Glue Scrabble pieces to cork sheet, 5 across and 5 down (25 pieces)
- Once secure, with paintbrush coat tiles with Mod Podge. Let dry and repeat two more times.
- Cut cork flush with Scrabble pieces, into coaster shape
- Wrap with ribbon
Cost: Scrabble tiles are sold in bulk and can be found online for around $8 per pack of 100. Cork can be purchased in 12x12 square sheets for around $6. One 12x12 sheet will yield 9 coasters.