These adorable metal washer necklaces are inexpensive, and easy to make and customize. Perfect for all ages, they add a pop to any outfit.
What You Need:
• Metal washer (any size will work)
• Scrapbook paper
• Sharp pencil
• Xacto knife and blade
• Sponge brush
• Mod Podge
• Glossy Accents (or other clear
• Beads (optional, but cute!)
How to Make It:
1. Place the washer on scrapbook paper and use your pencil to trace along the outside and inner circle.
2. Cut the outline using the Xacto knife.
3. Apply Mod Podge to the matte side of the washer using the sponge brush. Carefully press the scrapbook circle to adhere; allow to dry for 24 hours.
4. Use Glossy Accents to apply a shiny topcoat to the washer. Take the tip of the bottle and carefully squeeze a line of glaze along the very outside edge of the washer. Repeat along the inside ring of the washer, then fill the two lines together. Let dry for 24 hours.
5. Cut cord to desired length. (Our was about 22 inches. Go shorter for a child’s necklace.) Fold the cord in half, and loop through the center of the washer.
6. Thread a bead on the cord on top of the washer, and tie a knot to secure it in place.
7. Tie ends of the cord together. Voila!