Target has issued a voluntary recall on Hatch & Grow Easter Eggs, Easter Grow Toys, and Hatch Your Own Dino water-absorbing toys sold in stores between February and March 2017.
According to the U.S.Consumer Product Safety Commission: “If the small toy is ingested, it can expand inside a child’s body and cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life threatening. Surgery is required to remove the toy from the body, if ingested. Medical professionals and parents should be aware that there is a possibility that the toys might not show up on an x-ray.”
No injuries have been reported. Any toys returned to Target stores will get a full refund.
* Hatch & Grow Easter Eggs and Easter Grow Toys have model number 234-25-1200 on the back of the product’s packaging.
* Hatch Your Own Dino Egg has model number 234-09-0016 on the label inserted in the product’s packaging.
* The pink, blue, or purple Hatch & Grow Easter Eggs include a white bunny, brown bunny, or butterfly.
* The Easter Grow Toys include a yellow chick, brown bunny, or white bunny.
* The Hatch Your Own Dino Eggs are purple or yellow/green and contains one of eleven dinosaurs.
For more information and pictures of all affected products, visit the CPSC’s page.