By Jade Mitchell
Snag an empty Dole Cup and repurpose it as a salad dressing container! A Dole Cup fits perfectly in a wide mouth Mason jar, and you can use it to keep your dry and wet foods separate. In addition to salad dressing, you can fill it with a variety of toppings such as nuts, fruits, cheeses, and sauces. Cap it off with a reCAP Flip or Pour lid for a low profile, no-spill solution.
Fiesta Chicken Salad: A fiesta in a Mason jar
Featuring reCAP Mason jar lids and the Dole Cup hack
Tired of your standard salad for lunch? Take a tasty fiesta to go in a Mason jar! One key to maintaining a healthy salad regime is to keep it interesting. Change up your salad ingredients, flavors, and textures to add some variety. With plenty of fresh veggies, crunchy add-ons, and lean protein, this Fiesta Chicken Salad is tasty, filling, and loaded with protein! Prep a few ahead of time to keep in your refrigerator for your busy week.
Chicken Fiesta Salads
Fills 4 pint-sized Mason jars
1 cup of your favorite salsa
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
12 ounces cooked, diced Southwestern-seasoned chicken
1 cup black beans (from a 15-ounce can), drained and rinsed
1 cup corn (can use fresh, frozen, or canned & drained)
1 cup halved grape (or cherry) tomatoes
1 cup (4 ounces) fine shredded Mexican cheese
4 (16 ounce/pint-size) Mason jars
4 Dole Cups
Optional: A few handfuls of crushed tortilla chips
1. Cook your taco-seasoned chicken or buy pre-made Mexican chicken in the frozen foods section of your grocery store.
2. Add ingredients to your Mason jars, layering in the following order: chicken, black beans, corn, cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce. Add some crushed tortilla chips on top of the lettuce. Be sure to leave a little extra space at the top for your Dole Cup.
3. Pour salsa†into Dole Cups.
4. Rest the Dole Cup on top of the lettuce.
5. Cap off your Mason jar salad creation with a reCAP Mason jar lid to take it to-go.
Jade Mitchell blogs for reCAP Mason Jars, a Pennsylvania-based company that designs and produces reusable lids for Mason jars, aimed at reducing waste, making Mason jars more useful, and aiding the environment. reCAPís blog provides inspiration, recipes, and solutions to do more with Mason jars.
Upgrade Your Mason Jars With a Simple Hack
By Jade Mitchell